Approved special sessions
- EMR and Other Graphical Descriptions (R. German, M. C. Ta)
- IEEE VTS Motor Vehicles Challenge 2017 – Energy management of a fuel cell/battery vehicle (C. Dépature, A. Castaings)
- Innovative Efficient Systems for Future Railways Applications (C. Mayet, P. Arboleya)
- Electric Power Systems for Green Ships (W. Lhomme, J.F. Charpentier)
- Electric (and Hybrid Electric) Buses Technologies (P. Pereirinha, H. Gualous)
- Optimization and Design Techniques of Propulsion and Auxiliary Electrical Drives for EVs and FCVs (M. Popescu, S. Giurgea)
- Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing for Vehicle Applications (A. Bouscayrol, D. Zuber)
- Electro-mobolity Policies (E. Castex, M. Messagie)
- Advanced Control and Observation on Multi-Source/Multi-Converter Systems (M. Hilairet, O. Béthoux)
Guidelines for special sessions
- Each SS should have two organizers, who are from different countries/regions.
- The SS organizers are responsible for inviting digests/papers and arranging the peer-review for their own SS, via the VPPC2017 official submission and review platform (the same as that for the regular tracks). The SS organizers will receive a guide on using the review platform. The digest submission deadline is
March 31, 2017May 31, 2017.
- The SS organizers should make sure that the authors who register for all the papers in their SS should be from 3 or more countries/regions in order to make the conference and SS as international as possible. Otherwise, the SS will be cancelled and the accepted papers will be moved to regular tracks.
- The SS organizers should ensure a proper number (5 or 6) of papers finally accepted in their SS. In case there are only 4 or fewer papers finally accepted after the peer-review process, the SS will be cancelled and the accepted papers will be moved to the regular tracks.
- It is the SS organizers’ duty to inform their invitees of the above rules in advance.
- A written (email) approval from the TPC chairs is mandatory before SS organizers can officially start calling for papers for the SS.
A proposal (i.e., a draft of the SS call for papers) should be raised by those who are interested in organizing an SS. The proposal should be prepared using this template, and be sent to the VPPC TPC chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org before March 10, 2017. As they send their proposal to the TPC chairs, the SS organizers agree to follow all the above rules.