VPPC 2017 will be held at the Atria Novotel Congress Center in Belfort, France. The address is: “Hotel Novotel Belfort Centre Atria, Avenue de l’Espérance, 90000 Belfort, France.”
Belfort is a beautiful city in northeastern France in the Burgundy – Franche-Comté region, situated between Lyon and Strasbourg. It is located on the Savoureuse river, on the strategically important natural route between the Rhine and the Rhône, close to the Vosges mountains. Belfort forms the largest metropolitan area in Franche-Comté region with an urban population of about 320,000 inhabitants. Belfort is the hometown of Alstom where the first TGVs (High Speed Trains) were produced, as well as being the GE Energy European headquarter and a center of excellence for the manufacturing of gas turbines.
A list of hotels with discounted prices is available: click here. These prices are only valid until October 30, 2017. Attendees must book hotel rooms by contacting the hotels directly (other online platforms may not accept the discount code), using the discount code “FEMTO” (without the quotes).
For Atria Novotel Belfort, please call the hotel directly (see the above link – +33 (0)3 84 58 85 00).
- Take the shuttle bus from the airport to the Saint Louis train station (duration: a few minutes).
- Then from the Saint Louis station, take the TER train to Mulhouse (duration: 15 to 20 minutes) and then Belfort (duration: 30 to 40 minutes).
- The train station in Belfort is located downtown, and at approx. 1.3 km from the conference location.
It is also possible to arrive from Paris in TGV:
- After you arrive at “Charles de Gaulle” airport (CDG), transfer via the RER to the “Gare de Lyon” in Paris.
- Take the TGV to the “Belfort-Montbéliard TGV” station, which is about 12 km from the city center of Belfort.
- A bus from the company “Optymo” (line 3) or a taxi can then take you to downtown Belfort.
Note that a dedicated shuttle service will be organized for VPPC 2017 attendees, and will connect the EuroAirport and the Belfort-Montbéliard TGV station to the conference location in Belfort, at specific times. The service will only operate at the beginning and the end of the conference. Registered attendees will be given more information by email.